It’s one of the Mother’s Day traditions we love most – brekky in bed! Because let’s face it, cooking a delicious meal for someone really is one of the truest forms of love.
So here are four calorie-friendly and super tasty breakfasts you can make for mum, whether she’s a sweet tooth or a savoury fan.
To all the mums out there, we hope you have the most beautiful day surrounded by your loved ones – and that they whip you up one of these delicious treats!
Smoked Salmon, Avocado & Caper Bruschetta
322 calories per serve
- 1 sourdough slice (60g)
- 50g avocado
- 10g baby spinach
- 10g red onion
- 60g smoked salmon
- 5g baby capers
- 1 lemon wedge
1. Toast bread to your liking. Transfer to a plate.
2. Slice avocado and onion (if using). Layer all ingredients on top of toast. Season with salt and pepper.
Gooey Nutella & Raspberry French Toast
382 calories per serve
- 2 slices Buttercup Country Split Bread
- 1 egg
- 5ml vanilla essence
- 30g Nutella
- 50g raspberries
- 15ml sugar-free maple syrup
1. Spread Nutella on one slice of bread and top with the raspberries. Place the remaining slice of bread on top to make a sandwich.
2. Whisk egg and vanilla essence in a shallow bowl. Dip both sides of the sandwich in the egg mixture.
3. Place in a sandwich press and cook until golden. Slice in half and drizzle with maple syrup.
Pesto Egg Breakfast Muffins
250 calories per serve (two muffins)
- 2 x whole egg
- 1 x egg white
- 30mL skim milk
- 15g Leggo’s Basil Pesto
- 20g Woolworths Baby Spinach & Rocket
- 40g cherry tomato
- 20g Danish feta cheese
- 5g fresh chives
1. Preheat oven to 180 degrees Celcius.
2. In a large bowl, add the eggs, milk, pesto and whisk until well combined. Add the other ingredients listed and stir through.
3. Pour the egg mix into a non-stick and lined muffin tray and cook for 15-20 minutes or until cooked through. Can be served warm or cold.
Apple Crumble Oats
369 calories per serve
- 50g Uncle Tobys Traditional Oats
- 200mLs unsweetened Almond Milk
- 5g shredded coconut
- 5g cinnamon
- 20g raisins
- 80g Woolworths Apple Slices Pie Fruit
- 20mLs Queen Sugar Free Apple & Cinnamon Maple Flavoured Syrup
1. Combine oats and milk and prepare according to packet instructions.
2. Top with the remaining ingredients and enjoy warm.