Direct Debit Request
By accepting these terms online, you:
- request and authorise EQUALUTION PTY LTD ACN 613 448 418 (Equalution, us, our) to arrange for funds to be debited from your nominated account notified to us on the debit day in accordance with the terms set out below;
- confirm that you are authorised to operate the nominated account;
- acknowledge and agree that the debit or charge will be arranged by Equalution’s financial institution and made through the Bulk Electronic Clearing System Framework from my / our nominated account and will be subject to the terms and conditions of the Direct Debit Request Service Agreement; and
- acknowledge that the amount to be debited consists of fees (as set out in the relevant terms and conditions and on the Equalution website, which may change from time to time with prior notice to you increase periodically).
- If the debit day falls on a day that is not a banking day, we may direct your financial institution to debit your account on the following banking day. If you are unsure about which day your account has or will be debited you should ask your financial institution.
- We may vary any details of this agreement or a Direct Debit Request at any time by giving you at least seven (7) days written notice sent to the preferred email / address you have given us in the Direct Debit Request.
- Subject to meeting the minimum commitment term set out on our website, you can:
- cancel or suspend the Direct Debit Request; or
- change, stop or defer an individual debit payment
At any time by submitting a cancellation notice on http://myaccount.equalution.com. Your cancellation will be processed at the end of the relevant billing cycle. You can also contact your own financial institution, which must act promptly on your instructions. Please note, a cancellation or suspension of a Direct Debit Request does not alter your obligations to pay fees to us in accordance with our terms and conditions.
- It is your responsibility to ensure that there are sufficient clear funds available in your account to allow a debit payment to be made in accordance with the Direct Debit Request.
- If there are insufficient clear funds in your account to meet a debit payment:
- you may be charged a fee and/or interest by your financial institution;
- we may charge you reasonable costs incurred by us on account of there being insufficient funds;
- you agree that we may we may attempt to re-process the debit payment on the first, third and/or fifth banking day after the due date;
- we may suspend your account;and
- we may refer the debt to a debt collection agency in accordance with our terms and conditions.
- You should check your account statement to verify that the amounts debited from your account are correct.
- If you believe that there has been an error in debiting your account, you should notify us directly by emailing us at email@example.com. Alternatively you can contact your financial institution for assistance.
- If we conclude as a result of our investigations that your account has been incorrectly debited we will respond to your query by arranging within a reasonable period for your financial institution to adjust your account (including interest and charges) accordingly. We will also notify you in writing of the amount by which your account has been adjusted.
- If we conclude as a result of our investigations that your account has not been incorrectly debited we will respond to your query by providing you with reasons and any evidence for this finding in writing.
- You should check:
- with your financial institution whether direct debiting is available from your account as direct debiting is not available on all accounts offered by financial institutions.
- your account details which you have provided to us are correct by checking them against a recent account statement; and
- with your financial institution before completing the Direct Debit Request if you have any queries about how to complete the Direct Debit Request.
- We will keep any information (including your account details) in your Direct Debit Request confidential. We will make reasonable efforts to keep any such information that we have about you secure and to ensure that any of our employees or agents who have access to information about you do not make any unauthorised use, modification, reproduction or disclosure of that information.
- We will only disclose information that we have about you:
- to the extent specifically required by law; or
- for the purposes of this agreement (including disclosing information in connection with any query or claim).
- If you wish to notify us in writing about anything relating to this agreement, you should email us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- We will notify you by sending a notice to the preferred address or email you have provided us in your Equalution account.
- Any notice will be deemed to have been received on the second banking day after sending.