After some fresh and satisfying recipes this Christmas?
These healthy cold Christmas lunch ideas are sure to be a crowd-pleaser. They’re also calorie and macro-friendly, meaning you don’t need to have any guilt around enjoying your festive season foods! Because what fun would that be?
The below recipes are all for one serving, so simply multiply them but the number of mouths you’ll be feeding at Christmas lunch, and you’re good to go.
If you upload any delish snaps of your recreations to Instagram, tag us @equalution because we’d love to see it.
We really hope you enjoy these healthy Christmas lunch ideas, and wish you a wonderful festive season and a happy new year!
Table of Contents
Peach & Prosciutto Salad
407 calories, 25g protein
20g Baby spinach
40g La Casa Del Formaggio Traditional Bocconcini
2g Fresh basil
30mL Praise Deli Style Honey & Dijon Olive Oil Vinaigrette
1 Medium peach
- Wash and chop the salad veggies, then transfer them to a bowl. Serve!
The peach can be served fresh or sliced and grilled in a non-stick pan over medium-high heat until golden.
Salmon, Pea & Mint Couscous
446 calories, 34g protein
120g Atlantic salmon – no skin (weighed raw)
30g Couscous (weighed dry)
5g Fresh mint
20g Danish feta
15mL Lemon juice
- Cook couscous as per packet instructions. Cook peas as per packet instructions. Let cool.
- Dice salmon and season with salt and pepper. Cook in a non-stick pan over medium-high heat until cooked to your liking. Let cool.
- Combine couscous, feta and vegetables in a bowl. Top with cooked salmon and lemon juice. Serve.
Green Goddess Chickpea & Cauliflower Salad
415 calories, 19g protein
100g Edgell Chickpeas
5g Fresh parsley
5g Fresh mint
15g Unsalted cashews
10mL Pure maple syrup
30mL Lemon juice
10g Nutritional yeast
- Preheat the oven to 180ºC.
- Drain the chickpeas and chop the cauliflower. Add to a baking tray, season with salt and pepper and cook for 20 minutes or until the cauliflower is golden. Let cool.
- To make the green goddess sauce blitz avocado, parsley, mint, garlic, cashews, lemon juice, maple syrup and nutritional yeast flakes. Season well with salt and pepper and blitz until smooth. Add a splash of water if required.
- Add roasted cauliflower, chickpeas and rocket to a bowl. Top with green goddess dressing. Serve.
Zesty Chicken Enchilada Pasta Salad
524 calories, 52g protein
120g Chicken breast (weighed raw)
70g Vetta Smart Pasta Protein Penne (weighed dry)
5g Old El Paso Taco Spice Mix
30g Farmers Union Greek Style Natural Yoghurt
15mL Lime juice
60g Edgell Black beans
40g Canned corn kernels
15g Red onion
5g Fehlberg Pickled Jalapenos
- Cook pasta as per packet instructions. Drain, let cool and then add to a bowl.
- Season chicken with half the taco seasoning, salt and pepper. Cook in a non-stick pan over medium heat until cooked through. Let cool
- To make the dressing whisk together, yoghurt, lime juice, and remaining spice mix.
- Add the drained corn and black beans to the pasta with jalapenos, chopped onion and coriander. Drizzle dressing over the top and stir to coat. Serve!
And there you have it, 4 delicious and healthy cold Christmas lunch ideas. We hope you love them as much as we do!
Want more Christmas recipes? Click here and here.