Whether you’re new to using it or have been using it for some time, we’ve got some fun new ways with protein powder you’ll want to try!
While yes, you can just have a simple protein smoothie, if you’re craving something a little more exciting and delicious, you will love these hacks.
If you are a protein powder newbie, our go-to brand at the moment is without a doubt BodyScience. They have a huge range to choose from to suit all needs and health goals – so check them out if you haven’t already!
Table of Contents
Protein mug cake
Why not boost your baked goods with some protein! They’ll still taste incredible and get you closer to hitting your daily protein intake goals.
You can add it to muffins, brownies and even our personal fave – mug cakes! They’re super easy and quick to prepare, and are also calorie-friendly.
Try our Nutella mug cake below.
1 Egg white
2g Baking powder
4g Icing sugar
- Whisk the egg white and Nutella until well combined, then add in the protein and baking powder, mix well.
- Pour the mixture into a mug of choice and microwave for around 1 minute. Serve with icing sugar and berries.
Yep, another new way with protein powder is that you can use it to make mousse – and it’s delicious!
All you’ll need is the BodyScience Low-Carb Mousse Protein Dessert in your flavour of choice and water.
Then all you need to do is mix 2 scoops (40g) of the mousse with 110mL of water and stir until you reach a mousse-like consistency. Then you’re ready to enjoy!
Our favourite flavour at the moment is the White-Choc Hokey Pokey! You can purchase the BodyScience Mousse from Coles and Woolworths nationwide.
There’s just something special about a good smoothie bowl. Like, we know you can drink smoothies out of a glass or bottle but this just hits different!
Find your favourite protein smoothie recipe (don’t forget a scoop of your favourite protein!), and then just slightly lessen the liquid quantity you’d usually use to give yourself a thicker consistency.
Once you’ve blended everything together, pour into your bowl and top with your favourite fruits, nuts and more.
Protein pizza base
Protein can come from more than just your toppings when it comes to pizza.
Again, there are pre-made high-protein pizza bases, and pizzas with toppings, you can find at the supermarket, but you can also DIY!
Try making your own high-protein base with:
75g Protein flour
62g Greek yoghurt
5g Baking powder
- Mix together in a bowl with a spoon until you reach a dough consistency.
- Transfer onto a floured board and kneed into a ball before rolling it out to make your pizza base.
- Add your favourite toppings and cook in the oven on 180°C til crispy and golden.
Or should we say proffee!
Adding some protein powder to your morning cuppa is another fun option to try.
There’s no standard ‘recipe’, so it may take some trying and testing with the amount, brand and flavour of the protein powder you’re using.
There are also some pre-made protein coffee mixes on the market so keep your eye out for those too!
Alternatively, just opt for a higher-protein milk option.
Yet another delicious way to use protein powder!
We have so many protein pancake recipes in our Equalution database, so if you’re a member with us, be sure to request them in your meal plan.
In the meantime, we wanted to share one of our favourite recipes which has 30g protein and just 369 calories (serves 1).
30g Vetta Smart Protein Flour
3g Baking Powder
1 Large egg
30mL Unsweetened almond milk
1 Cadbury Crunchie Treat Size Bar 15g
5mL Queen Natural Vanilla Extract
50g Danone YoPro Flavoured Yoghurt
20mL Natvia Pantry Range Smooth Choc Topping
- Place protein powder, flour, baking powder and half the crumbled Crunchie in a bowl. Stir to combine. Add the whisked egg, almond milk and vanilla extract to the bowl and whisk to combine. If too thick, add a splash of water.
- Heat a non-stick pan over medium heat. Pour small amounts of batter into the pan at a time, depending on the preferred pancake size. Cook on one side until bubbles form. Flip and cook the other side until golden.
- Top pancakes with remaining crumbled Crunchie, topping and yoghurt.
If you’re after more ways to up your daily protein intake, click here.